DAIM Curriculum Overview:
The Doctorate in Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine (DAIM) degree consists of the 2160 hours of didactic instruction (216 quarter didactic units with 210 required didactic units and 6 required elective didactic units) plus 960 hours of clinical internship (200 hours observation plus 760 hours of supervised clinical internship which comprises 48 quarter units) which are similar as in the Master of Science in Traditional Asian Medicine (MSTAM) program curriculum, with addition to the 240 hours of didactic instruction (24 quarter didactic units) plus 60 hours of clinical training (3 clinical units) and 60 lab hours (3 units). As such, 294 quarter units (240 didactic units or 2400 didactic hours plus 51 clinical units or 1020 clinical hours plus 3 lab units or 60 lab hours) are required for graduation.
The didactic part of the DAIM program is currently offered in two languages: English and Mandarin Chinese. Clinical training is taught in English only.
Doctor of Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine
Completion Courses Curriculum
Professional doctoral degree completion tracks must be a minimum of 16 semester credits of instruction (accounting for a minimum of 300 clock hours of instruction) and include a minimum of 130 clock hours of instruction of demonstrated clinical experience in the development of professional competencies in systems-based medicine and meet or exceed all existing standards for master’s level acupuncture programs.
Integrative Applications 1-6
Integrative Applications | Pain Management
Integrative Applications | Psychiatry
Integrative Applications | Digestive Diseases
Integrative Applications | Advanced Diagnosis
Integrative Applications | Classics
Integrative Applications | Gynecology
DAIM Graduation Requirements
The Doctorate in Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine (DAIM) degree is awarded upon satisfactory completion of the following:
● Completion of the core curriculum with a minimum of 2,400 hours of didactic instruction (240 units that consists of 234 required didactic units and 6 required elective didactic units) plus 1,020 hours of clinical internship (200 hours observation plus 760 hours of supervised clinical internship and 60 hours of DAIM integrative case studies which comprises 51 quarter units) and 60 lab hours (DAIM professional development portfolio that comprises 3 quarter units). A total of 294 quarter units are required for graduation.
● Completion of all clinical requirements
● Successfully passing all required AMU institutional exams
● Fulfillment all financial obligations to the University
● In terms of residency, a quarter is defined as twelve (12) units or more. The minimum residency is 12 quarters.
The minimum residency is 12 quarters. For transfer students, the minimum residency requirement is 45 quarter units of classroom instruction.
TO ENROLL AT THE CURRENT TUITION RATE & LOCK IT IN!
Get in touch so we can start working together.